Tamariki Sleep Health Workshops
The Health Promotion Agency/Te Hiringa Hauora (HPA) wants to make it easier for Māori/Pasifika whānau to support optimal sleep health for their under two year olds.
Therefore, we invite health professionals, and other stakeholders with an interest in sleep health for children, to join us to discuss their views in workshops we are holding around the country:
The workshops will take place on the following dates:
- Wellington: Monday 3 February 2020 10.00am to 3.00pm (now fully booked, if you would like to be added to the waiting list please let us know)
- Auckland: Monday 10 February 2020 10.00am to 3.00pm (now fully booked, if you would like to be added to the waiting list please let us know)
- Christchurch: Monday 17 February 2020 10.00am to 3.00pm (a few places left, please register as soon as possible if you would like to attend)
- Hawkes Bay: Monday 24 February 2020 10.30am to 3.30pm (a few places left, please register as soon as possible if you would like to attend)
The Wellington workshop will also be a webinar, for those unable to attend a workshop in person.
- Hear from the Massey University Sleep/Wake Research Centre about the importance of sleep for children aged 0-2 years.
- Presentation of the results of HPA’s consumer insights research on the information needs of Māori and Pasifika parents and caregivers in relation to sleep.
- Open discussion about what is needed to support sleep health, and how we can better support Māori and Pasifika parents and caregivers to encourage healthy sleep habits for their children.
- There is no cost to attend the workshops and lunch will be provided.